The Austin Area SAA Intergroup is an autonomous registered fellowship composed of the registered groups of recovering sex addicts who follow the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Sex Addicts Anonymous® (SAA). The views expressed on this website are those of Austin Area SAA Intergroup and do not necessarily represent those of Sex Addicts Anonymous as a whole. The official website of Sex Addicts Anonymous ( http://www.saa-recovery.org ) is overseen by the ISO of SAA, Inc., through its Board of Trustees who are elected by delegates representing its member groups.
The 12 Steps
1. We admitted we were powerless over addictive sexual behavior - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other sex addicts and to practice these principles in our lives.
Spring retreat will be April 27-28, 2013.
The evening meeting on Tuesdays 7:00-8:30pm at Christ's Workshop has been permanently canceled as of 2/6/2013.
There is a new early morning meeting on Wednesdays 7am-8am at the Westlake AA House.
New comers are welcome at any meeting, but Sunday's have a dedicated time and space for new comers.
About Us - SAA Austin Intergroup
SAA is a 12 Step program adapted from AA for men and women who seek recovery from compulsive or inappropriate sexual behavior. We make no judgments about sexual preference and are not affiliated with any other group or organization. Though we emphasize the spiritual nature of recovery, we do not support or oppose any particular faith or religion. We maintain strict confidentiality and anonymity in order to encourage openness and honesty. You are not required to state you are a sex addict or to speak at all, though many find it freeing to do so. We recommend you attend the meetings six times before making a decision as to whether you will benefit from this program. A list of Austin meetings is on this website.
Each meeting has a different format. One member will chair the meeting, serving as a moderator only. We use first names only to ensure anonymity, and do our best to respect everyone’s right to speak at meetings. Because many of us have difficulty sharing our feelings, we have a policy of not interrupting anyone or commenting on what they say (this is also known as “crosstalk”). If someone requests “feedback”, we don’t give advice but share from our own experiences in similar situations.
Again, questions are welcome but due to the tradition of not engaging in dialog or “crosstalk”, these questions may be answered after the meeting. Don’t worry that you may have offended anyone; we have all been new and don’t expect you to know everything about how the meeting works.
We usually close each meeting with the Serenity Prayer. This involves holding hands, but you are not required to, if you find it personally uncomfortable.
God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.